x box and the relentless wasted time in setting up to play a damm game.

I've had it with xbox,,the games are good but just to play them is such a waste of *** time, not to mention the aggrevation to get to that point. everytime my 10 year old daughter ask me to help set up her new game , I *** cringe cause I know its gonna  take a half hour and always longer....then you have to go to your website and waste more *** time looking for an answer to help me set up a *** game that my daughter wants to play on line..but only to see *** erro has occured...please go to xbox live pcse blah blah blah to waste some more of my *** time....well I took my xbox and ran it over with my truck...then I went out and bought the playstation....and I can honestly say...IT WAS THE SMARTEST THING I DID......no more aggravation..it took only 6 mins ,,,and the game was good to go....unlike the buildings and mountains you have to go thru with the xbox ...

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

What? Playstation mandatory installs and updates take a hell of a lot longer than anything on Xbox.

Good thing you never play anything on PC, too.

It's rants like these that make me wonder if some gamers exist in some kind of alternate reality.

Set up a game? You put the disc in and navigate the menus. That's not hard at all. Playstation mandatory installs and updates do take a hell of a lot of time. I don't own one but I've seen a friend do it and it's painstakingly long.

I have no idea what you're talking about. Also, website? What game are you playing?

Put the game in. Start disc. Play game. Not that hard.

I could've started about 7 games in the time it took you to type that massive pile of crap ;)

[quote user="kalani1631"]I *** cringe cause I know its gonna  take a half hour and always longer....then you have to go to your website and waste more *** time looking for an answer to help me set up a *** game that my daughter wants to play on line..[/quote]What are you talking about?[quote]I went out and bought the playstation....and I can honestly say...IT WAS THE SMARTEST THING I DID......no more aggravation..it took only 6 mins ,,,and the game was good to go....unlike the buildings and mountains you have to go thru with the xbox ...[/quote]Either you're talking abou the original XBOX which no longer has online support from Microsoft, or a very tiny mITX PC that looks sorta like an XBOX, 'cause you ain't talking about the 360.

As an owner of both, the PS3 makes me go through tons of hoops to play a game, even with PlayStation Plus. The 360? The only extra step I follow is to install all my games before playing. That's 10 minutes of uninterrupted disc copying once. After that, pop disc in and play.

Can someone please tell me just what the hell this "BLEEP" is on about?

What! I am totally blooming confused.

You put disc in tray, close tray, game starts! What the hell is so time consuming about that? As for online. Last time I played it I went to the online section of the game waited for a player and played!

I smell a PS3 loving fanboy troll here folks! Either that or he has NEVER used any sort of games console before in his life.

I thought it was funny!  might be talking about setting up the LIVE? on an old out dated xbox with little or NO HD? or one of those new slims that have almost NO HD.. Funny story Bro!

Your whining about helping your 10 year old daughter out by configuring her game? your a bad dad.

[quote user="kalani1631"]

I've had it with xbox,,the games are good but just to play them is such a waste of *** time, not to mention the aggrevation to get to that point. everytime my 10 year old daughter ask me to help set up her new game , I *** cringe cause I know its gonna  take a half hour and always longer....then you have to go to your website and waste more *** time looking for an answer to help me set up a *** game that my daughter wants to play on line..but only to see *** erro has occured...please go to xbox live pcse blah blah blah to waste some more of my *** time....well I took my xbox and ran it over with my truck...then I went out and bought the playstation....and I can honestly say...IT WAS THE SMARTEST THING I DID......no more aggravation..it took only 6 mins ,,,and the game was good to go....unlike the buildings and mountains you have to go thru with the xbox ...

[/quote]I don't know exactly what you're experiencing Kalani, but when I buy a new game, I just put it in and play.  No effort required for pre-playing.  Once in a while I install a game, but that only takes about 5-10 minutes.  I just hit the button to install, then go make myself a drink or something.  

What do you mean by setting up a game?  Games are already set up.  All you  have to do is go into the options menu and see what the controls and other options are.  Takes like two minutes.  One or two specific games out there are a bit tedious when it comes to linking an account to their website and so forth, but overall 99% of the games out there are ready to play very easily.  

So you ran over your Xbox, bought a Playstation, and it was the smartest thing you did?   I'd say it wasn't because you could have traded in your Xbox towards your Playstation, and saved a decent amount of money in the process.   That would have been the smartest thing.

I promise you two things.  One you'll encounter similar problems with PS games here and there, and two it will only get worse as your daughter gets older and wants new, more complex games and systems.  As we all get older, technology gets more advanced and more complex.  Expect more aggravation to come.