X-box 360 wont connect to my contoller ???

so my old 360 arcade's disk tray stopped working so i ended up getting a 360 slim for most part im an offline player and my gametag hasnt touched x-box live for 3 years now because the hardrive i bought for my 360 arcade cant be equiped in any way to my 360 slim i thought id at least try recover the gamertag but the damn controller that came with teh 360 arcade that i still use on my 360 slim will not connect to it I dont even have my 360 slim plugged in at the moment and its not connecting to anything else I can still turn on my 360 arcade manually so why cant i connect it ? i pushed the connecty buttoner thing on both console and controller ive even tried holding them own for a few minutes

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Start this off with the console turned OFF, and the controller turned OFF

Press and hold the Xbox Guide button in the middle of your wireless controller until the green light flashes.

Turn on your Xbox 360 console. Press and hold the connect button next to the memory card ports on the front of your console.

Press and hold the connect button on the top of your wireless controller. Use the controller with your console once the green flashing lights on both units cease spinning.

Have you tried a plug and play lead?

thing is they wont stop spinning :/

i just eventually used another controller i hadnt used onm y 360 slim yet ...

You have to hit the sync button on your xbox and the controller. If you cant understand writing instructions theres youtube vids dude use your resources :)

You have to hit the sync button on your xbox and the controller. If you cant understand writing instructions theres youtube vids dude use your resources :)

did that it wont connect

i gave up anyway i used a diffrent controller