X-Box 360 - LIVE Account "HACKED"

Hi!

Yesterday i noticed that my xbox account was hacked. I assume this hack is connected with the current Fifa 2012 / EA Server data leak. After one hour of absence my xbox was disconnected without any reason. A friend told me someone used my account to play Fifa 2012. As soon as i found out that i got hacked i immediatly tried to reset my password. The problem here was that i used an old subemail-adress which couldn't refer the reset link to my real e-mail adress. The website from where i got the submail-adress wasn't existing anymore.

After i found out that i was lost, i called the x-box support. There was a very compent nice man on the phone who tried to help me with my problem. Even when i have to consult that i am very happy that i can phone a free number with competent people, i have to say that i am very unhappy with this situation and the result of that phone call. The man told me that i have to wait at least two weeks before i can expect an anwser.

It could not be that i have to wait such a long time to get my account back.

Today when provider montoring their customers, i think they have to know which gamertag belongs to which xbox id. In my opinion it is a very easy thing to see.

When i am able to tell microsoft the xbox id of the console where i created my profile they shouldn't need any other thing. Because when my e-mail adress, password or secret question has been changed from the hacker already, i can't give them any other thing they want to know.

It is a colossal cheek requiring the affected customers to wait such a long time.

After spending money for over 40 Games, i feel very unhappy that i couldn't use the save games from my console with any other profile, because of the excessive fear of the provider from xbox that someone could steal anything when it is not spurred hardly on the original profile.

I hope that microsoft and all the producers which are using this platform will stop with not beeing guilty for this problem and start work together to fix this problem and get people their accounts back in within an adequat time period.

Greetings

Stefan

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hey there Stefan! I just want to confirm that you did get an Unauthorized Access investigation started when you called phone support, correct? If not, please call back and start one. Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey! Yes, i did get an Unauthorized Access investigation started when i called phone support.

Sorry this didn't help.

Alright! They will take care of your issue from here. Let us know if you have any other concerns or issues. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi!

My Unauthorized Access Investigation is closed since 3-4 Weeks. They know that i am the owner of the stolen gamertag, but they can't send me my password. My e-mail adress i used to register the account doesn't exist anymore and the alternative e-mail adress i gave to them doesn't work either.

I talked hours to the X-Box Customer Support and i investet hours in the windows live support. When they know that i am the owner, why can't they just change the password for me and give it to me per phone? I don't know what to do anymore.

Sorry this didn't help.

With the rise of social engineering and phishing it can be quite straight forward for anyone to phone up and claim to be you. Hence why they don't hand out passwords over the phone.

Sorry this didn't help.

no server will hand out a password for online service it is always done via email

and unauthorized access investigations will take a couple weeks or more this is with ALL services

they do not hand out info just because someone pretends to be you

they have to look up the original info from the account not just the current info

except ISPs which can confirm based on the phonenumber your calling from

Sorry this didn't help.

Why does your alternate email you provided to Support not work?

Sorry this didn't help.

you'll have to start the proccess over again but make sure you have the correct email

and when you get the account back

make sure you do not have the same windows live id and reset details

at least replace the reset details to prevent anyone from using them again

Sorry this didn't help.