WTF Rogers on Demand

I think the point of all this is that whether you donwload content over your computer for free or pay for it on Zune to each his own.  What annoys me is that this was advertised as a "new way to watch TV" and it's not.  I looked at the advertising and the articles even on xbox and no where did it say that we would be required to have a Rogers account or we would have limited access to the app.  It was not until that the Rogers app was downloaded and I had signed up for Rogers on demand that I found that the service appears to be meant mainly for Rogers customers.  So if you live outside of Southern Ontario, Southern Quebec and certain parts of the Maritimes you are SOL and even then why would you want to switch to Rogers just to get the full benefit of the app.

If this is the TV experience we heard about it is seriously lacking.  The up coming choices may help to get that TV experience but Rogers was seen as the big part of the addition of TV services and the only disclaimer I have found is that you needed a Gold membership to access it.  True to a point, but not what we were led to believe.

I think Microsoft should have made us aware of the lack of features and content if you were not a Rogers customer, and yes microsoft not Rogers.  It's an xbox not a Rogers set top box.

The other part that knaws is that with what can only be an exclusive deal for microsoft and rogers, it is highly unlikely other TV providers in Canada (Bell, Telus, Shaw etc) will be on the xbox anytime soon.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

y u no post this in the thread with the same name that appears just above this one?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="Lactos292"]

y u no post this in the thread with the same name that appears just above this one?

[/quote]

This one doesn't have ellipsis at the end, so it's technically not the same name.

Sorry this didn't help.