Wrongly labeled "cheater" and gamerscore was reset???

Hello everyone,

7 years ago made my first account on live, back in Halo 2, and then gave that account to my father, and made a new account the year following. So 6 years ago, I made my account xChaoticSteelx, and started gaining acheivements, ranking, etc... Basically getting my hands on every game I could being a young kid. I was paying for my own account and then couldn't anymore, so I cancelled it and hung up the controller for awhile. Few years pass, and then I made a new account, without even thinking of trying to get my old one back, so now I'm going into college and few days ago thought of trying to get my old account back, which I got it back and all. I download the profile to my account, to find out that my gamerscore was reset and gamer zone is labeled "cheater" and I can't change it. I in no way cheated for any of my acheivements or gamerscore or in any other way on Xbox live. I was wondering if there is any way something can be done, possibly it happen in the off time during the account? But I never modified my gamerscore with external tools or anything (in words of the explanation on the page). I spoke with support for 1 800 4 my xbox, and the guy was surprised as I was, told me about all kinds of deals I was able to get for membership, and made a comment of the 6 year tag on the account, etc... The best answer he could give me about why I was reset and labeled cheater was because I stopped playing for a while and started again. That does not make any sense, so the fact that I couldn't pay for the account for some time, was the reason I was banned? 

Just hoping for some closure, info, on why this was done, and would like to possibly get it un-done. I would really like the "Cheater" zone changed, I'd settle for not getting gamer score back, and just having that changed, because I feel it automatically gives everyone a bad image to my account for a wrong reason. 

Thank you for your time, and hope to hear an answer. 

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

I also, obviously, changed the tag with Microsoft points in hoping it may just be associated with the old account. I changed to kC x Ruthless, and now changed to o InVicta.

Just in case anyone was interested why the name wasn't xChaoticSteelx anymore.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

You'll need to post here for an answer - forums.xbox.com/.../41.aspx

Sorry this didn't help.

Easily put, A gamerscore correction occurs on a player’s Xbox LIVE account when they gain achievements through avoiding gameplay and using external tools. Xbox LIVE is committed to keeping the service free of this type of behavior as it violates the Xbox LIVE Terms of Use. When abnormal achievement or gamerscore activity is found, Xbox LIVE modifies the gamerscore of players who meet specific and automated criteria.

An Xbox LIVE player who obtains their gamerscore in this abnormal way will:

• Find their gamerscore reset to zero.
  • Be unable to regain all previously earned achievements.
  • Be labeled as a “cheater” for the community to view.

Although players who are identified by these criteria will start from a zero gamerscore, they will still be able to gain achievements for future games. In other words, we give them another chance to earn future achievements by earning them as other “fair” players do. The original gamerscore correction remains permanent without any way to appeal.

Please post in section 14 of the Xbox Support Forums to receive an answer regarding Enforcement Action taken on your Account.

Cheers -Civiks

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks, but thing is, I didnt mod/cheat/hack/etc... any way my gamerscore lol. I'll post there too

Thanks.

Sorry this didn't help.

No problem. Please verify one of the answers above if they answered your question to signify that your question has been sloved. =)

Cheers! -Civiks

Sorry this didn't help.