Wrong Microsoft Email

I created a Microsoft account for xbox live, and typed my email incorrectly. Now that the account is created, it wants me to verify that this account is mine, but its not a real account. So how could I verify an account that isnt mine. Consequently, I cant do anything with my account. Its just there. I have tried to change the email, but it just asks me to verify the account again. I am at a loss, because I also have tried to create another account with the correct address and transfer the other to it, but Microsoft just tells me there is an account already in use with this email address. Please help me!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

Hello Amethystblaze23, sorry to hear about your issue. Let's try to see what we can do to help! When did you create this microsoft account? if it has been a while maybe we can try to change your gamertag to a new microsoft live account using these steps support.xbox.com/.../switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account. If this isnt working you may have to directly contact xbox support at (800) 469-9269

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.