wrong gamertag

My gamer take is SNAKEDOCTOR911, how xbox got the tag colorfastmoth I dont know. It's not me!!!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Hello ColorfastMoth22,

If your gamertag was created for you during Xbox LIVE sign-up, you can change the gamertag once for free. All other Xbox LIVE gamertag or Zune tag changes cost 800 Microsoft Points.

Made a mistake creating your gamertag?

If you made a mistake when you created your gamertag and you want to change it, you’ll have to purchase a new gamertag. All gamertag purchases must be made through the dashbboard and cost 800 Microsoft Points.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/billing-and-subscriptions/account-management/change-xbox-live-gamertag

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

[quote user="ColorfastMoth22"]

My gamer take is SNAKEDOCTOR911, how xbox got the tag colorfastmoth I dont know. It's not me!!!

[/quote]

You probably signed in here on Xbox with a wrong Live ID email (now called Microsoft Account). Please verify the following, if the Gamertag on your console is properly connected to the right Live ID/Microsoft Account:

On your console, sign in with the Snakedoctor911 Gamertag. Then go all the way right to the settings. There go to the Account tile in the lower left. There go to the "Your Information" tile, and choose "Account Security". Double check the Live ID there for typing errors or mixed up characters.

For detailed instructions click here.

After you thoroughly checked the Live ID, Sign in with this checked ID here on Xbox.com and see if "Snakedoctor911" now appears.

Sorry this didn't help.

i have the same problem... when i check it on my xbox360 the live id and id i used to sign in to xbox.com is the same...however the gamertag is different ...

Sorry this didn't help.

RoutineStream26, please start your own thread in this forum for your problem, as the solution and testing process could be different than ColorfastMoth22 needs. These forums work best if every problem for every person has their own thread.

Sorry this didn't help.