Wrong email connected to xbox live account

My xbox live account is linked to an old email address that i dont even remember the password for, (when i first created the account, it was made on a friend's xbox so that we could play live together, i didn't think i'd be using the same account to this day). I've tried contacting xbox live support but to no avail, no help is given. My xbox live gamertag is 'mister debuav', however, when i sign into my current email address that i use, it comes up betterenvelope6 for some strange reason. is there anything i can do, as i fear my xbox live will automatically renew and i cant do anything about it.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hello, the reason why BetterEnvelope6 is coming up is because the e-mail address that is being used for your previous gamertag is different. If you have some way of looking at the e-mail address on the console please do so by doing the following My XBOX > Select gamertag and press A > There's an option there that lists Windows Live ID you can't miss it. Guaranteed that it is different than what you are using to login to XBOX.com with currently. If you can't find the password for the account but know the e-mail and gamertag, there are a couple of things you can try one would be trying to reset the password using the Windows Live ID Password Retrieval located here > account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx - and if that doesn't work you'll have to contact XBOX Support, if you can't give them all the information that's on that account then they cannot help you reset the password for the account. This is for security reasons, but if you were indeed the owner of the account you should know the information that you put on the account. If it was fake information that you do not remember you are SOL my friend.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.