WOW Xbox #3 dead.... Open tray

This is my 3rd xbox to break... lets just say im not to happy, This xbox has been fixed twice by MS , one RRoD one DvD drive not working, The warranty is now run out,now the DvD refuses to play anything again, Such a quality product...

So i look at maybe buying a new Xbox AGAIN, Great they ALL come with kinect some crap i dont even want,Cool more $$ i dont want to spend, even more cool is my 120GB HDD from my old xbox wont even fit, and i will get banned if i do somehow get it working, So theres some more $$ i dont want to spend

Thanks MS

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

You can purchase a new console without the Kinect accessory. If your local shops don't have any you can find one online at a reputable retailer such as Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Amazon, etc.

And yes, you are correct. The hdd from the old style console can not be used with the new style console. (as per the Terms of Service and Older harddrives, S-model consoles, and ToU violations - 04 - Using my console - Xbox Support - Xbox Community - Xbox.com) 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Gamestop have the old one going for $100 right now I believe.

Sorry this didn't help.

When possible it is always best to purchase a brand new console. If you purchase a USED console you are taking a risk. Unless you know the exact history of that console since it was purchased new. (which many people do not know)

Sorry this didn't help.

As Temhotabot said if you buy used you are taking a risk as it could have been modded in the past essentially leaving you out of pocket and still without an xbox.

Sorry this didn't help.

I think the kinect would be a good investment, since games are going to start integrating it into the games, i.e. fable 4, forza 4. You could also wait until the new gow 3 xbox comes out in september. Its going to have a 320 gb hd and it looks so sick. I personally wouldnt buy a used as reasons stated above. idk if your local gamestop would have a used new hard drive that maybe you could pick up for 100 bucks. But i would honestly invest in the newer model of xbox since they are super quiet and more reliable.

Sorry this didn't help.