Wouldnt waste your time

XBOX is a thief, They charge me for a game/Service I never got, then when you call or write for help, they either have a different person email you everyday (the exact same way as if its your first time complaining),  or they are just rude and unhelpful, I wont put up with it, so I cancel my Gold Subscription, and they charge me again the very next day for a month of xbox live (Even though it wasnt supposed to be renewed for 10 more days, So I call again and am told they put that charge through at the begining of the month, and my bank held it back that long. So of course I called my bank, and was told that was a complete lie, the charge was made a day after i canceled, So as a result, I charged back that fee, and the fee for the service i never got, as well as I will never again be a customer, XBOX has lost a loyal customer they had for over 4 years who payed $50 a month for misc services all because of dishonesty and theft.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Could you be more specific?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Seriously ? Well this seems to be the same problem i run into with you guys, You see my account name listed on this post, why cant you simply pull it up and find out the answers to your questions ? Do you have any clue how many times i have had to explain this ? and too how many people ? And every time i go through this intense process of explaining myself again and again and again, it always the same result,  it all falls on deaf ears, then they transfer me to yet another person, who starts the entire conversation over again, as if i had never filed the complaint.

RE: SRX1160315839ID - Xbox 360 Live:Xbox Live 360 other

this is my current complaint with you guys, I have had it answered by 3 different people, each person says the exact same thing.

Thank you for contacting XBOX online support. I'm Raymond and I'll be assisting you today.

I see your downloaded content does not play correctly. Please know that I understand how this is important to you.

Since the troubleshooting steps provided did not resolve the issue, I would suggest contacting the support line at 1-800-469-9269 from 6AM to 10PM daily PST.

If you need to reply to this e-mail, please reply 'with history' (include any previous e-mail) or reference to Service Request Number 1160315839 so we can expedite our service to you.

Thank you for visiting Xbox.com. If you should have future questions on Xbox products or services, please be sure to revisit our web site at www.support.xbox.com.

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for contacting Xbox Customer Support. This is Caleb and I'll be assisting you with this concern.

We appreciate your taking the time to inform us of this concern. Rest assured that this is duly documented and will be considered for review.

I hope I have been of significant assistance and if you need to reply to this email please include all previous emails with reference to SR Number 1160315839 for a more accurate response. Again, thank you for contacting Xbox Customer Support.

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for contacting Xbox Online Support for XBOX. I am Khim and I will be helping you today with this issue.

As I understand, you are having issue with the Downloadable Content you have Purchased and/or Downloaded. I apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused you, Do not worry I will be more than happy to assist you on this by providing you the needed information to address this issue because this is not the kind of experience Microsoft would want you to have with the Xbox product and services.

So I send them a HUGE letter explaining it all, more than once, and still to this date nothing, the only response i get from my email replies, are the next day someone new starts it all over again,  I am keeping all documentation,  and all these emails that go nowhere, In addition I am having my bank write a letter documenting the fraudulent charge one day after i cancelled with you guys, I will then be submitting all this information to the FCC/Local News Agencies/ And anyone else who will listen.

If you want more info on this subject, do your job, look it up.

Sorry this didn't help.

Oops. My apologies, I just assumed you were from Xbox, if your not please forgive the rudeness.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey dcosper what was the exact downloadable content that's not working for you? Is this like an original XBOX game or something else that you're trying to get working? I was reading through your e-mail but it doesn't seem to list what the content was? If you could please respond back with the DLC or game content that you were trying to download and get working that might get a response from either a support representative on the forums or even one of the regular folks around here like myself or RED SHIFT1.

Sorry this didn't help.

Sure, I wasn't aware that gamers responded to these forums, this is my first time here, So i will temporarily shelf the rudeness, and explain.

On the 6th of this month, I purchased Mafia II. This is a 6.5 gig download, I download the game, try to play it, and it either locked up my xbox when i pressed start, or it would goto the start story screen and lock up my xbox there.

This of course meant, I could not play the game, so I deleted it, and began the download again, after the second download completed, I rebooted my xbox (sometimes this helps) and tried again, same result, seeing as how 6.5 gigs takes me all night to download, we are now on day 3 of them having my money, and me having no game.

So Now I call the support line, I explain myself to the representative, she tells me, "Oh sir, we will get this fixed, we will not charge you for something you don't get." Which is of course the way it should be, she took down my contact information, and a Supervisor called me back, He told me to go through a number of Troubleshooting/Maintenance routines to see if the game would play, it of course would not, and he said well try the download again after we did all these steps.

So I did, I am or was a CPU Tech, so after the next download did not work (Download # 3) I redid my entire system, I moved all of my content off of my xbox, including all profiles, all updates, everything.

This of course forced me to recreate my profile after i rebooted, which is what i wanted, then i began the download again, in the morning, to be safe i rebooted the xbox, then tried to move the game to my USB drive, so that i could back it up, and the file would not move, would error out about 2 minutes into the move, and of course the game would not play. (Download #4)

I am a Disabled Vet with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, I need games to play to take my mind away from reality (Which is full of reasons to aggravate my condition), going through all this crap, had my dandruff up, I needed a mental break from it, So I purchased another game, From Dust, a 1.6 gig download, this game downloaded and played fine, So I once again began the download of Mafia II, then played the new game to get my mind off of all this craziness.

In the Morning, I go through my Normal steps, and try to copy and play the game, same result (Download #5)

I try once more, I tell myself this is it, the next morning I try once again to get the game to play, nothing, same result as before.(Download # 6)

At this time i call their support line back, I say look, I have tried everything i can to get this game to play, and seeing as how I purchased, downloaded and successfully played another game, I have a hard time believing that I need to clean my Xbox system all over again and that will fix it, Which is what i am told to do, I explain to her that I have been through all this, it falls on deaf ears, So i say to her, ya know, I need a game today, how about you guys just give me a credit for another download ?

Well I was rudely told no refunds, strange I think, she acted as if i should have responded with, Oh OK, sorry i will just go buy another game then, y'all keep that money.

I got off the phone, Logged onto xbox lives website, and canceled my recurring gold subscription, the very next day I see a charge from them in the amount of the monthly fee, I call them and am told that my bank made an error, that the charge was put through to the bank on the 4th of the month,  and my bank took until the 16th to process it, So Like i said before, I called my bank and found out that was a lie, they researched the charge for me, it was put through the day after i canceled my account, even though the next month should not have been due until the following 4th.

And just FYI I tried to download Mafia II 4 more times, while waiting for my bank to fix the charges, for a total of 650 gigs downloaded from them of worthless and unusable product.

So I start submitting my complaint via their email system,  they send me a email I respond, they do not respond to my email response, instead the very next day I get someone new introducing themselves, and the issue is never discussed, just a new guy each day, To me this shows the very low level of intelligence that xbox employees work with, I was a loyal member for 4 years, I bought at least 1 game every month, usually 2 or 3 if i could swing it, and payed for a gold membership, and they have lost that, simply because they wouldn't work with me,  I am not unreasonable, I just simply wont take a we got your money, we could care less if you got our product attitude.

Today the bank refunded all of these charges i speak of, so now the financial part is taken care of,  so now unfortunately because of my illness I have to complete the moral part of this issue, and let people know the treatment xbox gives loyal customers.

Sorry this didn't help.

@ Red Shift 1, Man I am so sorry to have responded to your question in such a rude manner, I honestly thought it was an xbox employee i was speaking too, please accept my apologies.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey dcosper - Your using the original XBOX 360 hard drive that came with your system correct? I've heard of this issue actually happening when the hard drive has some sort of weird glitch, it's usually solved by just simply getting a new hard drive or replaced if you're still under warranty. USB Flash Drives won't always work when it comes down to this. I don't know what the status of your warranty is currently but seeing as you've gone through a crap load of re-downloads I can assume you don't actually want to invest in even trying to get another official XBOX 360 hard drive for your system and trying it on there. You should actually be able to get a refund for this by just simply speaking to the supervisor and telling them that you've called multiple times and tried to download it with no avail, I know some folks have these sorts of issues and it's honestly unfortunate that it had to come to you canceling your Gold membership. I hope my advice reaches you with good spirits in giving XBOX Live another try.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for your reply, I download to my original hard drive, and the drive is fine, keep in mind that in the middle of all this madness, I downloaded "From Dust" another game that's a 1.6 gig download, and I have no problems playing that game, so logic would dictate that it isn't my drive, or the other game would not have played either, its the download, please also keep in mind that before i became disabled i was a CPU Tech for very large insurance companies for a long time, meaning i am not the average Joe consumer, I build custom CPU's program in a few languages, and know my stuff, I have done everything possible on my end short of buying a new system (Which i cant afford and its the download that is the problem so it wouldn't fix the problem anyhow), and you say, I should call a supervisor and they will work something out, all of these mean emails are because, I have done that more than once.

And I am told "No Refunds" period, there is no middle ground, they are not interested in reaching an agreement that would make both the customer and xbox happy, nope not at all, I am told rudely to contact my bank to dispute the charges as that will be the only way i get my money back.

So why should they ever get any of my money again ?

Sorry this didn't help.

Still no response from XBOX,  looks like they are just hoping i will go away, I wont.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey mate, very sorry this thread has been missed--not sure why that happened, but we are here now. I've read through your post, and I'm afraid that refunds are not available for purchased content. That being said, I'd like to help get to the bottom of your issue and get that content working. My first question is, though you've downloaded an arcade game with no issues, have you downloaded a full 'disc' game like Mafia II to the HDD before? If so, what game? And when was it downloaded and played? Again, for sorry for the troubles, but we would like to do all we can to get that game working for you.

Sorry this didn't help.