would like to change country

my account as it stands with microsoft hotmail was set up in New Zealand, but i gained my xbox 360 where i have been living in the United Kingdom, I had changed it all before i joined xbox live and the only time i have not had problems is with the prepaid 12month cards.... problem is I do have problems with the microsoft points system when i have had a prepaid card it won't allow it, with all honesty I am fed up with this i just want it changed so i can watch things like 4od, iplayer and demand5, but i cannot since it keeps telling me i'm still in NZ
now hopefully that since i am putting this up i would appreciate xbox support staff for this to be changed over. At least so I can do what I want with out the need to pay for 2 accounts to have Xbox live when I only really use one 

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey there BadRagingloon, currently there is no way to change the country where your account is registered to. There are rumors that something is in the works, but for now the only way you would be able to use that content is to create a new account in the correct region.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Gaming, something all gamers do, no matter which system they use.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same issue, and I got this reply from chat support yesterday :)

Wendy: I am sorry your having that issue Tommi.  To explain, everything XBox is region specific.  Up until recently we were able to escalate this issue but it took 6 + weeks to resolve without customer account access.  However, come Mid January we will be providing a web site based tool that will offer customers instant account migration.  

Sorry this didn't help.

As of 12/19, Xbox is developing a tool which will be at www.Xbox.com/accounts, expected to appear in mid-January. When this tool launches, you’ll be able to select a new country and your country will be changed automatically.  For many customers, the manual process took up to 6 weeks. Xbox isn’t accepting new users for manual transfer because the time for them to complete that transfer will take longer than the real time when the on-demand tool will be available on www.xbox.com/accounts .

Sorry this didn't help.

pues ojala lo hagan porque quiero cambiar de pais y se seria mejor para comprar gold y MSP

Sorry this didn't help.