Worst Customer Service Ever

Had a Day One Xbox One not turn on last night. Power cycled the brick, tried every guide. Spoke with two different Microsoft people - they said console was defective and out of warranty. Wanted $125 to send me a refurb unit with a 90 day warranty.

Went to local GameStop today and they verified it was the power block that was defective (imagine how pleased I would have been to have spent $125 on nothing) and I ended up getting $225 in trade in credit. 

Here's the catch 22 - I've had an Xbox since day one - every single one. My first Xbox never gave me any issues. Then I had 4 different 360's (Normal, Elite, Gears Slim, Slim) each of them gave up the ghost. Now my Xbox One (power brick) gives up the ghost. Microsoft did zero to try and keep a customer. After paying for Xbox Live since it's inception they gave me incorrect advice (twice), and refused make amends even though they could see my Xbox history.

It's a shame that this is how they treat fervently loyal customers.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 12 Applies to:
Answer

Hi TheSupertramp,

Sorry you've had some bad luck with your consoles. Did you get your issues resolved ultimately? I just as because this is a support forum, and posts here should be for support issues. If it was a power block, or is a power block you can request one for MUCH cheaper than the 125.00 out of warranty replacement price. Also if you're concerned about the warranty period I would purchase the Complete Care should you ever run into issues again. That way for 3 years you're all covered.

With the incorrect advice I would suggest relaying this story to one of the supervisors at customer service. You can contact them here. 

Complete Care

MCP. MCDST. LVL 80

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.