Worse Graphics Than 360

So I got my One without issue. Hooked it up and noticed it looked like crap. Thought it might just be like that during setup but nope. Apparently Xbox One cant run 1080i and instead is running crappy SD. This means that my 5 year old 360 which cost less than half the price has better graphics than my brand new One. I understand Microsoft feels 1080i suffers motion blur and isnt the best for gaming but its orders of magnitude better than this terrible SD. Any patches in the works to fix this? Its pretty unacceptable.

Discussion Info

Last updated November 15, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

It has to be your end because aside from Killer Instinct (looks mediocre) and COD:Ghosts (looks like the 360 version) other games look amazing.  

Your running 1080i? The console doesnt support it. Thats not my end. All the media I saw before launch strictly said HD was mandatory. I didnt see anything about 1080i HD not being supported but thats what my console is telling me now

Dude my tv registers it as 1080p. As soon as I turn it on my tv has it in the top left corner.

Samsung series 7 smart tv.

I would say its on your end most definitely.

I'm sorry but this posting is a joke.. 360 graphics don't even compare.  If your TV doesn't support the resolution, that's your problem.

All I know is these bf4 graphics online are trash compared to ps4

You guys need to learn to read. Im saying its not supporting my 1080i TV. NOT 1080p. 1080i is a different type of HD, but HD none the less. As its not supporting it mine is running SD. Which is considering 360 can run 1080i HD. That means my 360 has better graphics than my One. Not a joke. Learn to read.

ok...um if you tv doesn't support 1080p you should run it at 720p....its much better for gaming than 1080i

DR3 and BF4 look awesome on my 82" HDTV

Probably no patches to go to 1080i.

I don't know what's in your wallet, but you might want to check out some deals Black Friday or hook it to a PC monitor.

My TV doesnt run 720p. It runs 1080i. Mine doesnt have much motion blur, which is the only complaint against i's and its what Ive got. Microsoft really should warned consumers about this. All they publicized was that HD was mandatory. 1080i may not be the best HD but its still HD.