Won't Go Away

So I'm having this issue, any game disc that I try and play on my 360 gets rejected (metaphorically) and the Xbox just sees an empty tray. I've tried all the suggestions above including: clearing my cache, taking out all other memory items (hard drive included), and cleaning the disc. Also, I called Xbox Support, and they had me "hardcycle" the system, which was basically turning it off, unplugging every cable from everywhere possible, and then letting it sit for about a minute. The strange thing is that after I did that, it actually recognized and played Left 4 Dead. However, when I turned it off til the next day, the problem came back. This time though, hardcycling didn't fix the problem. I've done some research and found that I have the BENQ version of the disc drive. What else should I do? I feel like a $100 repair would be less worthwhile than just finding a used Xbox. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

There's no sanctioned fix other than sending the console into MS for repair.

If it was me, I'd just buy another console. I'd put an extended warranty on it as well.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

That's what I figured. I've seen some people have just replaced the disk drive itself, but that might be beyond me. Though it's not like I have any warranty to worry about. Hopefully I can just find a used Slim and all will be good. Thanks for the quick response!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.