Won't connect with 2 separate XBOX 360s connected

Sometimes my old Xbox 360 will sign into xbox live, sometimes it won't. I don't know if it is because my roommate has his xbox 360 signed into the same router, but we set our network up to allow my connection to go though. And yet, it still won't sign into xbox live. Even after I restart the modem and router.

What Country/State/Province do you live in? Hawaii
Modem brand & model number: Webstar (SAD0001820)
Router brand & model number: D-link DIR 685
Network Connection Type: WIRED
Things you have tried:  Restarting modem/router, putting in the router information into my network to allow access
Is UPnP Enabled? Unknown
Is NAT Type Open? Unknown
Any Error Codes you encounter:  "There's a problem with your connection"
What type of internet do you have? Cable/DSL/T1/3G? 
Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? Road Runner Hawaii (Oceanic Time Warner Cable)
After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" and click on "More info", what is the exact message shown on screen? Can't obtain an IP address from your router or modem. Turn your router or modem off and back on, then wait 30 seconds.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 11 Applies to:

Sounds like an IP conflict between the 2 console. I'd suggest setting manual IP settings for the consoles, solution 4 on this link support.xbox.com/.../error-cant-obtain-ip-address-router-modem.aspx

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Try resetting the Xbox network settings to default it should connect wired without any issues

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.