Wont access anything selected

I was playing fifa 2014 tonight, and all of a sudden sprint spotted working. Going into setting L Trigger stopeed working. I shut everything down, and it continued. Then I tried to access different apps and sections of the settings, and it wouldnt enter anything (from home, clicked apps, wouldnt enter, clicked TV wouldnt enter ect ect) HELP!!!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

G'day MrKorkosz! Just to make sure I understand correctly, your L trigger stopped working, and then you were unable to access any apps after that. When you selected an app, did it make any indication that it was selected (noise, or selection animation) or did your A button also stop working?

Try a power cycle first, and if there's no change after that, try a different controller if you have one at your disposal. Let us know the result!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It makes the selection animation (the box "clicks") but it never access the app. Seems like something disconnected internally/got stuck on internally, leaving different buttons to act as if they are depressed, without being depressed. This is shown when entering the xbox one guide, which when opened with the controller scrolls endlessly up or down based on whichever way I push the analog stick. If I open the guide with voice via kinect it does not scroll incorrectly like this, only when the control is activated  

Sorry this didn't help.

I forgot to add the power cycle did not work.

Sorry this didn't help.