Wondows Live ID is connected to wrong gamertag...PLEASE HELP!

Hello,

I've been having problems with my Live account. A few months ago someone was able to steal/buy ~$200 worth of Microsoft Points out of my debit card through xbox live. They used my account and changed my password. After a month long investigation I was able to re-gain access to my Live account and receive the money that was stolen from me. Now I've come home and I decided to play GTAIV on my PC again but I've run into a very annoying problem. At first I could not connect to my Live account. I had to reset my password and delete the email "[mod removed]" that I think the hacker planted from the list of emails my Live account was attached to. Now even though I was able to login to my Live account, I was not able to log into my gamertag. Apparently I have no gamertag attachced to my Live account. Oh great. So now I get a gamertag attached to my account and it's this one called "CruellestWings5". WTF is this? I can't connect to my actual gamertag, zeppoleon, which I've used for 4 years and paid a lot of money for that Gold Account and now I can't access it??!!?? I also tried to connect through  my xbox360 console but I was not able to connect EITHER! It said the account details are not valid so I must download a valid gamertag from the cloud. Okay.....at this point I knew it was going to be connect to "CruellestWings5" when I entered in my Live details. It did. I am furious as to why I connect to the Live account that is rightfully mine. An account that has a lot invested in it. WHAT DO I DO???? 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

Hey Zep, very sorry to hear about the account issues! If you're sure you entering those account details correctly, I strongly recommend calling phone support ASAP to see if the Live ID on your account has been changed. If it hasn't, you can try resetting your password here. Please let me know how it goes!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I can get into my Live account just fine. But my problem is that I now cannot retrieve my actual gamertag, zeppoleon (live.xbox.com/.../Profile). This is my gamertag, but it is not attached to my Live account anymore. I have no idea what this CruellestWings5 gamertag is. Thus my GTAIV PC game's product key is attached to the zeppoleon gamertag and so I cannot redeem it anymore because it was a one time deal (I bought it off steam). I also noticed that my last activity was FIFA2012...I don't have that game. I don't know why, but I think there is a link between FIFA and accounts getting hacked as I've seen other people that have been hacked recently have talked about FIFA being a suspect.

My question to you: Can I ever retrieve my gamertag, zeppoleon, ever again?

Sorry this didn't help.

As already mentioned....only if you go thru the account verification process.  You have two choices (1) An email form to fill out or (2) call support and try it over the phone.  I would ask for the email simply because you can take time to research the answers.  Assuming the supposed "hacker"

(and by the way, you won't get much support from using that term here...if you will look around you will see that the official MS position is that your account cannot be hacked.  Not in the sense that you are using..the chances of some person just sitting down at the computer or console and randomly entering in text that somehow magically is your WLID and the password are literally astronomical.  Hence, MS' position that you willingly gave both to someone for some reward.  Just letting you know)

hasn't changed the account info in any, you can regain access of the orginal account by answering the questions to MS' satisfaction.  If you do, then you will be given a password reset link send to an email of your choice (make sure that it is real and in operation!) and you can recover the account.  However, if for some reason you can't answer all correctly, then your account is gone.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Zep, please call phone support ASAP to begin an unauthorized access investigation. This will be the first step to retrieving your GT. If you're in the US or Canada, you can reach them at 800-4MY-XBOX; please let me know if you need the number for a different region.

Sorry this didn't help.

To RED SHIFT1,

I already sorted out my account being comprised over the phone in October. The team I spoke with were very professional and nice. Over the course of 3 weeks I provided the necessary information they needed to continue with their investigation of my account. They did find that someone made unauthorized transactions on my account, and reimbursed me accordingly. I can not believe your condescending tone towards me. You sir do not know me or my wit. I cannot believe you would accuse me of compromising my OWN account. Get off your high horse. I know hacking is not simply done like in the movies. The only way someone would of been able to get my account information was if they were sniffing packets on the school wireless network, or that I had a keylogger on my computer which I find HIGHLY unlikely as I am very careful on the internet. I applaud your trivial pursuit to try and help me, but you really just provided me with no help and more anger. Thank you.

To Mister Fitzer,

Thank you for actually trying to help me. I will definitely call that number and tell them my situation.  

Sorry this didn't help.

Always happy to help Zep. Hope it goes well for you. Also, please feel free to rate your experience here on the forums.

Sorry this didn't help.