Won't let me add my son to my account

I just purchased Gold family account and am trying to convert my two sons each of whom had a gold account.  First son switched over with no problem. Second son I can't get -- when I punch in the ms account info, it then asks my son if he wants to switch, and when I choose yes it says it can't log into account.  Triple checked password, even changed it from the xbox! what do I do!  I can log in just fine to both accounts from either the computer or the xbox.

Also, there is no 'add family member' computer option that is suggested by the xbox gold family faq...why not?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

One thing that seems to clear up a number of issues is clearing the Xbox cache (don't know why). For steps on how to do this, click here: support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache

-

A question I have, how much time does the second son's account have left on the gold subscription? I know if adding him will exceed the family pack time limit (36 months) he won't be able to be added to the family pack.

-

I don't know if you've tried any of these troubleshooting options yet, but have you checked these out? support.xbox.com/.../common-gold-family-pack-errors

-

As for the computer steps to add members, I know the steps were there when the Family Pack came out. That's how I added and removed members from the family. I haven't been part of a Family Pack in over a year so the FAQ may not have been updated to reflect a change.

-

I hope something from this helps. Wish I had more. If you can tell us what other steps you've done, we can narrow down the issue and come up with a solution.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

be sure to check who the parent is of the other child account. because if the parent accnt is not yours you first need to remove that child account from the parent accnt by signing in with the parent account and going into the family settings and removing him. once removed he should be able to be added to your family. or try using the child accnts parent credentials to add to the family pack.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.