WLID Invalid

For some reason xbl will not accept my windows live ID. I tried to sign in and it would not allow it. I've been on every website that xbox has and I keep being run in circles. The x box leads me to a computer and the computer leads me back to the x box to sign in, which I cannot do. I have also been on the phone for hours with numerous customer service reps to not avail. I have reset my password three times and associated a different e-mail with my account. The gamer tag that I am posting this too is not my gamer tag. I have recovered my original gamer tag to my xbox and it allows me to play locally but it will not allow me online. I would like to use my original gamer tag on line and associate it with a specific e-mail.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Are you trying to create an account or change the WLID of an existing account? Are you doing this on Xbox.com or the console? What is the exact message/code you are getting?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I am trying to change the WLID of an existing account. I have tried to do this on both the console and on xbox.com. When I try to log in to x box live with my original gamertag it says "your windows live id isn't valid. you need to associate a different widows live id with this account". I cannot access the account associated with this gamertag because I don't know what it is...I've tried all of my accounts

Sorry this didn't help.

OK, so you are having issues with the current WLID, not the one you want to change it to, correct? In this case, since there is obviously something going on with your account, I'd recommend calling phone support (support.xbox.com/.../contact-us.aspx) and having them look at your issue for you. Hope this helps!

Sorry this didn't help.

As I said in my first post, I have been on the phone for hours with numerous customer service reps and they suggested that I post to this forum.  Now I'm being told to call customer support again?

Sorry this didn't help.

I can't imagine why they would recommend you post here, there is nothing account-wise that Forum Support can do for you. The only folks that have access to your account are at Phone Support. I'm sorry for this confusion.

Sorry this didn't help.