WLID hacked - Gamertag lost?!

Hey everyone,

I have tried pretty much every possible troubleshooting suggestion and tip that I could find but I have come up empty handed. So here's the situation..

I used to have an Xbox Live account under xXBlunkXx but stopped using the account about a year or so ago due to inactivity. What seems to have happened is that the WLID account got hacked and started sending out spam emails to friends I knew. Therefore the powers at be within Microsoft banned my WLID account. The issue I am now having is that I now wish to return playing on my xbox live account but I can no longer login.

All i wish is that they change my email account on the gamertag so that I can continue playing with my contacts, and achievement points... it does not seem that hard at all!

I have called WLID support but they only offer phone support for people whom purchase an account over the free accounts. I have also called 18004MYXBOX and talked to many agents but it seems like they just keep sending me down a loop of troubleshooting techniques that fall short of actually being able to help me. Also I have tried sending them emails explaining them my situation but they completely ignore what I mention in the email and state that I should call their support line... (lol)

IMO, this is a quick and easy fix but yet for some reason no one can help me restore my old account back!

Anyone experience something similar? If so what has been done to solve the issue, if possible.

Andre

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

You will need to phone them up again and ask them to open an Unauthorised Access Claim. However they will lock your account for upto 30 business days.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.