WLID changing error 80151032

Hi, I want to change my WLID but after going correctly trough the proccess of it, an error message pop up saying: Can't retrieve information from Xbox LIVE. Please try again later. Status Code: 80151032. Please help me out I tried everything I could do and it won't change.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

First off I would suggest opening a case with phone support. 1-800-469-9269 is the number for US region. They may not be able to resolve the issue on your first call however. You would happen to have a child account would you? (and by that I mean an account that is set to under the age of 18) I will post back if I find more information regarding the issue.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Good luck with getting them to fix it, from what I am told by them there is no fix for it,  Had the same issues a year ago  with an older gamertag I used to use, no matter how many times I tried I could not change my email.

I just cancelled it and kindly asked them to move my prepaid supscription over to a new account.

My other gamertag was several years old so my guess is only the newer gamertags have this email change feature as older created ones were made before the WLID changing option - just a therory...

Hope it can be fixed for you :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there.

Is the previous email address which is currently still associated to your account still valid and in use? If the email address appears to be "greyed" out on your screen via Account Management on your console then unfortunately there is nothing you can do.

If that is not the case then try clearing your update cache on the console before attempting to change the email address. If you need help with that, follow the next set of steps:

1. Navigate to the "My xbox" slide on the dashboard.
  2. Scroll right, to the last page which is the "System Settings" page.
  3. Select "Memory" from the list of options.
  4. Highlight the hard drive and hit Y on your controller.
  5. Select the option to clear the update cache and to perform maintenance on the memory unit.
  6. Restart your xbox 360 console.

Once you have completed the above, try and attempt to change the email address again. Good luck!

Sorry this didn't help.

thanks to all of you I'll try what you suggested me and I hope it'll work :p

Sorry this didn't help.