WLID change

Hello forum!  So I started with a new GT and it was linked to my old email address.  I have since switched emails and deleted the old one.  My GT is still linked to the old one and I don't remember the password.  I've tried going through gmail (no help) and the standard password reset options, but nothing has worked out.  Is there a way to change the Live ID associated with my account or no?  I really don't want to create a new GT just for this email issue.  Thanks!!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

account.live.com/ChangeId.aspx

You will be able to update your email address.

Or can do it on the console.

support.xbox.com/.../manage-live-id

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there Scot! So if I'm reading this properly, you have an old account and you don't remember the WLID password for it, correct? It also looks like you have tried password resets to no avail. Have you tried Windows Live support (windows.microsoft.com/.../id-help-center) regarding this?

If none of the usual steps (forums.xbox.com/.../153168.aspx) help, unfortunately there isn't much else that Forum support can do for you. In that situation, my best suggestion would be to create a new GT and WLID. Please let me know what you find out, thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

Gents, I went through all the steps and nothing worked.  I ended up creating a new GT and linked it to my correct email address.  Not too bad though, just means I can have the joy of re-achieving my score again.  Thanks for your replies guys!  Happy gaming!

Sorry this didn't help.