WLID and gamer tags

Been playing offline for a couple years now  62 games and alot of achievements. created a live id last year with a free 30 day gold then reverted back to the silver. recently upgraded to gold . i now have two profiles with the same name but only on is online ,( not the one with the achievements) what is the best way to get the profile with the achievements as the gold account with out losing the progress made? 

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

If you just recently bought Live Gold, you might be able to call Support and have them cancel it, issuing you redeemable codes for the remaining time. If you want to promote your offline profile to Live with the same name as your current online profile, you'll have to pay the 800 Points to change your Live profile's name, freeing up the old name for use again.

And if you want the offline profile to use your current Live profile's Live ID (email address), you'll have to change the Live ID to some other email address first, freeing it up to tie to your offline gamertag when you promote it. (The Live ID change is free, but can only be done every 30 days.)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

What I've found (by googling) is that you can upgrade your offline account to a Gold account (Online),  this might need a gamerprofile name change. I haven't tried it, so I'm not sure if it works, it is just what I've read :-)

Sorry this didn't help.

called support. was easier to rename offline account and create new live id. didn't have anything on the one used as silver no loss.  Thanks for the help.

Sorry this didn't help.