Wireless routers

I have the Xbox 360 Elite with the wireless network adapter.  I currently have a netgear rangemax wpn824 v2.  It uses 802.11g protocol.  I just setup media center and am currently enjoying listening and sharing photos that are on my pc.  The problem is the speed.  My xbox elite+network adapter talk to my pc, but it drops connection at times and there a is delay.  I need a faster, better router that will work best with the wireless network adapter.

Any suggestions/  and help, is appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Since you have the wireless adapter i would get a router that has simultaneous dual band so you can run your laptops and other devices off the 2.4ghz and run your xbox off the 5ghz wireless N (AT THE SAME TIME).  Wireless N is capable of much higher speeds, and the 5ghz range is much less crowded.  note: you can use wireless n on the 2.4ghz but 2.4ghz is usually more crowded.

I recommend linksys/ cisco equipment....i just purchased and E3200 and it is nice.

Also do a connection/ network test in windows media center and check the performance, mine has all the bars even in the HD... : D

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.