Wireless Router "500 Server Error" Needs Fixing

Ok, this is tough to explain. But here it goes..

I have my wireless connection set up so that XBox Live uses an IP address that's in the router's DMZ, making the NAT settings open while keeping the rest of the connections safe. Worked like a charm, until a recent router reset seemed to have triggered a huge problem.

Now, whenever I try to go to the router's settings through its IP, I get a "500 server error" message. I've tried physically resetting the router, the usual stuff. Nothing works. And it's also somehow made it so I can't get online using the IP that was in the DMZ, so now I'm back to having bad NAT settings, making me unable to play with a large amount of friends. Of course, I can't get into the router's settings to fix this because of that error message, so I need an alternate way of handling it.

I've heard there's a way to essentially fix the problem through the Command Prompt, but I can't figure out what command(s) to use for that. Any help would be appreciated. By the way, I'm using Windows 7 on my laptop, and on a Belkin router, in case that helps at all.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

I might be able to help you with this particular problem.  First off could you give me the details on your router such as the model and version as well as the firmware you are currently using on it?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

All I know about the router is that it's Belkin. G type connection. Not sure on the specific model but they usually aren't much different anyway aside from connection types, right?

How would I go about checking the firmware? Can I even do that while I'm unable to get into its settings?

Sorry this didn't help.

Belkin G is not the greatest router for gaming. Are you connecting via Ethernet cord, or Wirelessly?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah, so I've learned. lol

Connected wirelessly. Home computer is too far away for a wired connection, and running it through the laptop seems a bit counterproductive.

When my previously mentioned trick was working, my connections were great though. Just annoyed that something messed up in it, and this error is keeping me from fixing that. The usual, simple stuff (resetting the router normally and such) hasn't worked so far either.

What kind of router would you suggest, should I not find a solution soon?

Sorry this didn't help.

I understand your point about wireless connection, but I meant your home computer, or the computer you are currently using. Also, try the following to access your router settings:

Start >> Run (Or type into search bar) >> Type "Cmd" >> Type "ipconfig /release" into Command Prompt >> Type "ipconfig /renew" into Command Prompt >> Type "ipconfig" into Command Prompt.

Now go to the Default Gateway in your Browser. This will make sure the default gateway did not get reset as well as the router. If you get access, great, if not, I can help you troubleshoot more. I also host a Unofficial Support forum, I can help you there, and livestream screen captures to help you as well if you do not understand this tutorial.

www.xboxus.tk

Sorry this didn't help.

I got up to the "renew" stage then received a message saying "No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it has its media disconnected."

Eventually, the connection came back, but with the same settings, and the 500 Server Error message still showing up when I enter the IP.

Sorry this didn't help.

Have you attempted unplugging for 5 minutes, and plugging back in? (Power Cycling)

Sorry this didn't help.

Have you attempted unplugging for 5 minutes, and plugging back in? (Power Cycling)

Sorry this didn't help.

This is really angering me. It's stopping me from playing with quite a few of my friends...might just have to get a new router at this point. If nobody has any other ideas, what router should I invest in? Would prefer a cheap one too, on a pretty strict budget.

Sorry this didn't help.

Whst is the exact model of Belkin it will be printed on a sticker underneath and stat with F, what is your gateway when you type in ipconfig /all in a cmd prompt

Sorry this didn't help.