wireless question

is it possible to use a wireless N adaptor with a slim to get a better signal

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Not 100% sure but I doubt it, if you try and go wireless with an ethernet plugged in it won't allow you.

Edit, What I mean is the one seems to override the other, I would try and borrow an adapter first.

i've already got the N adaptor which i use with my current elite, and I always get 3 bars which is fine, but i'll be picking up the new gears console soon and was just curious if I could use the adaptor to get that elusive fourth bar - also does anyone know how much different in terms of lag and downloading the signal strength makes - cheers!

i jump between 3 and four bars all day long doesnt make any diffrence really, the only problem with wireless is if u stay in a block of flats then your connection may suffer some due to other people using wireless in there houses.....the other problem i have is there are to many devices connected to my wi-fi sometimes i have my phone my brothers my dads my brothers ipod touch and a laptop usualy i turn off my phone wifi and it sorts it but if everythings going full tilt it gets a bit annoying when my xbox wont connect a quick router reset fixes it though

[quote user="NEUROTIC HOG"]

[/quote]

It is yes

[quote user="Shad0wmanUK"]

[quote user="NEUROTIC HOG"]

[/quote]

It is yes

[/quote]

cheers mate - do you know if it helps with signal strength

It will work, as it will turn off the internal when you attach the external one. It might help, although I get a better signal with the Xbox s internal N adapter than I did with the external N adapter. Better coverage and stronger signal strength. Strange but true.

If you want to connect to a 5GHz network then you have to use an external adapter on the 360s as the internal only supports 2.4GHz. A bit of a disapointment in my opinion.

i'll try both see which works best - thanks for the replies!