WIRELESS PROBLEMS

Hi folks seem to have an ongoing problem now basically  both my sons xboxs keep disconnecting from xbox live (wireless) they can sign in and then within a few minutes they get disconnected and this is constant all day/night ive tried changing the wirless channel but this does not seem to help.Is there any other thing i can try to stop them losing connection they both also have x31 headsets which are wireless could this be the problem?im with bt and use the homehub 2 any help welcome Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Cheers shadowmanuk i ll give it ago when the kids are home from school,if this is not the case have you anymore suggestions?Thanks

Sorry this didn't help.

Its easy to see if this is the issue really.

Just turn them off :)

If the issue goes away you know its the headsets, if it doesn't go away you could try wired (as a test) if its still an issue then it could be a broadband issue or router configuration issue, but I'll put my pennies on the headsets

Let us know!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi again it still disconnected them,i cant hardwire them as they dont have a phone socket,now i have a ps3 downstairs and this is also wireless and i dont seem to disconnect (well very rare) also when i used to play xbox i also used the x31 and i never suffered from this problem.Its quite annoying as the kids just want to play and just when there enjoying themselves they lose connection and cant reconnect unless i restart the router for some reason.

Sorry this didn't help.

Im gunna leave them unplugged for the rest of the night just to see if its any worse,ive been reading on bt forums concerning disconnects with wireless when using the homehub 2 and it seems to be a big(ish) problem.Now is it worth considering getting the home hub 3 as i was reading it has smart wireless(or whatever its called) do you think this would help or make things any better(im no techie so really havent got a clue about anything really so sorry if i sound a little dumb).

Sorry this didn't help.

I would keep them unplugged yes, no point in replacing kit if you don't need to have a look here:- www.unofficialguidetolive.co.uk/.../114-troubleshooting-and-improving-wireless its important to use something like inSSIDer when choosing a new wireless channel.

I have the HH3 its good for wireless but everyone's home is different so you can't really say with certainly it would fix your issue.

See what its like without them on, then look at the link about changing channels, positioning etc if the problem persists

Sorry this didn't help.

Well i may of spoke to soon for the last 2 1/2 hr i havent a single disconnect with them unplugged so i ll see how it goes and read your new link after watching the movie and i ll let you no how it turns out.Thanks shadow for the help.

Sorry this didn't help.

No probs!

Sorry this didn't help.

Well i tried the unplugging solution and it worked a treat now i plugged them back in today as i wanted to have a game of gears myself and got disconnected straight away(quite a few times so i  unplugged and plugged in basic mic and back to normal),ive changed the channel several times and even relocated the sensor job (reciever) out of the way and still no prevail.If theres no way i can stop this what would be the cheapest solution?bt homeplugs or somat i have no idea.Thanks in advance Shadow

Sorry this didn't help.

You don't have to get BT Homeplugs (unless you got them free if you have BT Vision) are both Xboxes in the same room? If so yeah get a pair of Homeplugs you could get a single Ethernet port homeplug for the Homehub and a triple Ethernet port version for where the Xboxes are (if they are in the same room)

Or if they are in separate rooms a single port homeplug in each room

Solwise are very good:-

www.solwise.co.uk/net-powerline-av-index.htm

Defo go for the AV versions as they aren't much more than the 85Mbps versions these days.

Sorry this didn't help.