Wireless Network Password Not Saving

Does anyone know how to save the password for a wifi connection? Anytime the connection is dropped I have to reenter the password to reconnect to wifi, even though it's the only connection my Xbox One has ever used... 

This is pretty annoying since I refuse to download the 13GB patch for Dead Rising 3 (I don't play co-op, and my internet usage cap would kill me), and need to sign out in order to actually play the game. Any help appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 833 Applies to:

You can't . Once you disconnect you need enter the password again.

[quote]Xbox One doesn’t save old device information, allowing you to completely wipe out old settings and start new each time. This saves you from accidental manual entries that could cause issues on a new network.[/quote]

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/network-settings

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It sounds like we need to get to the root cause for your wireless disconnects. Wireless does have its limitations.

How far is the router from the console and how many objects are in the way? What Make and Model of router do you have? Do you use a wireless headset? Some headsets actually use the same frequency as home networks.

Sorry this didn't help.

Connecting to the router isn't the main problem; just a matter of not wanting to plug in the wifi password every single time I have to disconnect to play Dead Rising 3. As I recall the 360 saved the password and I was hoping for the same kind of thing. Of course, on the 360 I didn't have to disconnect to avoid 13 GB "updates"...

Would be nice in future updates to be able to select a "home" network, since I do not plan on moving the console from location to location.

Sorry this didn't help.

I really hate the way Xbox one manages wifi connections. I take my xbox on the road with me and I hate having to re enter my wifi passwords everytime I switch between my mobile hotspot and my home network.

Help this

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey, THAROK2! This thread is a little old. If you would like assistance with a support issue, please post up a new thread detailing what you're running into and troubleshooting you've already done. This way we can get you the individual support that works best on the forums! :)

Sorry this didn't help.