wireless N adapter (black one) wont connect

my kids 360 elite wont connect to the wireless in his new place. room mate has the same concole and adapter, both adapters work fine on the room mates console, neither adapter works on my kids console. the adapter blinks green, can see the network attempts to connect to it & then wont connect. tried factory defaulting the network settings, tried disabling all security tried strictly specifying the mac address so far nothing.

not even sure where to go from here as there really isnt anything else that can be done that im aware of so im looking for anyone that can toss out any suggestions that i may have not have thought of.

Modem brand & model number:  unknown. att dsl standard little dsl modem
Router brand & model number: linksys N router (not sure of the model, its one of those goofy wedge shaped ones without external antennas)
If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter? unknown
Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT?  doesnt get that far
Any Error Codes you encounter:   none
Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)?  att dsl
After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)   didnt get a chance to do this while i was there.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Hi, as both adapters are working on the other system it is likely to be one of 2 issues. 1 - the wireless network is protected in some way, possibly mac filtering and is blocking the second system from connecting. 2 the usb connection is having an issue reading the adapter.

Can you confirm that the xbox is reading the adapter and can you test the connection to xbox live. Please let me know what message or error you get testing live.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

We really need the exact model of router, it will be printed on a sticker underneath and also where on the Xbox live test it fails, i.e. at the network stage or internet or Xbox live

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.