Wireless Headset!!

i need a review about the wireless headset. give me the pros and cons. rate it 1-10 and so on. i need it buy July 12, 2011. thanx!! XD

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

What head set are you talking about? There is so many out there. Lots cost to much for this guy. Sure they are nice, but other cheep ones are good for gaming. I like and trust the Turtle Beach.

headsets are over rated.  I use my tv speakers and do just as good if not better then people with $300 tutrtle beach headsets.  If you are a good player you dont need any headset and dont think that buying a headset will make you play any better.

Just so you know.  270 is the highest price you will pay for TB's.  I use mine cause my Family doesn't need to hear Grenades thrown at them.

[quote user="Rusty Spoons1"]

headsets are over rated.  I use my tv speakers and do just as good if not better then people with $300 tutrtle beach headsets.  If you are a good player you dont need any headset and dont think that buying a headset will make you play any better.

[/quote]

It's not about skill or "leetness" it's about immersion and quality. Having a stereo headset or simulated surround sound headset, either with high fidelity drivers allows you to truly take advantage of the audio quality and get the most out of what you pay for in a game. When you resort to low quality and poor frequency range speakers or headsets, you lose out on a lot of audio. When I play games like Mass Effect, hearing every detail makes it that much better. When I play games like COD, hearing the guy sprinting and being able to turn to his exact closing position (due to simulated surround sound) makes the immersion and experience that much better and enjoyable. Also, if the headsets have a closed back design, it prevents you from being disturbed and disturbing others. Having an HDTV without high fidelity audio is like having an ICEE without the juice, it just ain't right. And you don't have to spend hundreds of dollars on headphones or headsets for great quality, only on some lol.

[quote user="WarTrooper900"]

i need a review about the wireless headset. give me the pros and cons. rate it 1-10 and so on. i need it buy July 12, 2011. thanx!! XD

[/quote]

What wireless headsets or mics are you looking at? Microsoft has a rechargeable wireless earpiece/mic. Turtle Beach, Astro gaming and Steelseries are the only  companies I know of that make wireless headsets with mic capabilities for the 360. Turtle Beach has several wireless headset options to choose from(cheap to expensive). Astro makes competitive, wireless capable headsets, but they're frigging super expensive. Steelseries just released a wireless headset for the Xbox 360 that they call "Spectrum 7Xb" at a reasonable price and has several very positive reviews about it so far. More info from you please. 

I think that I missed the date that the OP was going to buy his headset by, but I'll throw my two cents in for other readers.

The official Xbox 360 wireless headset is a good product. It is a significant step above the standard headsets, and doesn't break like the others do. The quality of your voice is also on an entirely different level.. there is no comparison.  If you don't want to spend a bunch of money, but want a product that won't break on you, I would pick up the official Microsoft wireless headset.

If you want to go a step further, I would go with the Turtle Beach brand. I would recommend going with at least the DX11's, which have 7.1 surround sound. That is one of the big reasons that you would want to buy Turtle Beach headphones... the sound quality of the game itself. For me, it is nice to be able to have the full sound of a game in a headset in surround without waking up my dorm roommate. In addition, the vocal quality is superb in comparison with cheaper items. Turtle Beach items are all fairly expensive though.. be prepared to take a hit to your wallet!

I agree...i use a pure dolby digital 5.1 1000 watts true surround sound. sound like that makes playing games allmore enjoyable you hear things you would never hear using standard low end sound systems / headsets....hellnog knows what he is talking about.......you get what u pay for...if you want high end then you have to pay the price for it