Wireless controllers not connecting

I had an Xbox 360 that I purchased three years ago.  It finally went three red lights on me a few months back so I purchased the new model with kinect etc.  But try as I might the three controllers from my old machine will not connect to the new machine.  Why or what do I need to do?  I've tried everything in the FAQ but nothing works.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

There is a button on the console and on the controller that sets the devices into Synchronize Mode.

- On the controller, the button is a small circle on top of the controller. It will be right next to the Charge Port on top of the controller.

- On the console, it will be directly next to the trap door that hides the USB ports. If the console is horizontal, it will be just to the left. It is a small rectangle.

- Press and hold the button on the Console. The green lights around the power button should start to spin clockwise.

- Now press and hold the button on the controller. The same spinning lights should occur briefly.

-In a second, the lights on the console and controller should all flash several times, then connect and show only the light for the port the controller is connected to.

If this does not work, please call 1-800-4-MY-XBOX for Official Xbox Support

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.