wireless controller

well my wireless controller does not want to recharge..I get a red light when I plug it into the controller then with in 5 seconds it goes green.  When I push the xbox button at the top right it shows my controller having only 1 bar.  Does anyone know how to fix this???  About 2 months ago it was doing the same thing and all of a sudden it started charging and letting me play afterwards wirelessly.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

This has happened to me aswell. The rechargable batteries in the controller (like every other rechargable battery) eventually goes dead over time and cannot recharge anymore. Your best bet is to buy a new charge pack.

Also, might I suggest you remove that from your signature. You may get a suspesntion for that.

They don't use very high quality cells in the play and charge packs which are just a couple of rechargeable NiMH AA cells. If you look around you can find tutorials on cutting the case open to replace them with better off the shelf rechargeable AA cells so you can keep the charging functionality without having to buy a dedicated battery charger or a new play and charge pack.

I would personally go with a set of good rechargeable AA cells with a dedicated charger you can plug into a wall socket. It will charge them faster and more thoroughly so they don't lose total storage capacity as fast.

Hmm just noticed I can't find the accessories forum if it even exists anymore.

Also remember to use proper charging procedures. ;)

[quote user="MaTtKs"]

Also remember to use proper charging procedures. ;)

[/quote]Yep, safety first!

The play and charge packs are pieces of s**t I bought one and it stopped working less than a month after, I also recently bought a new controller with a play and charge pack and that one stopped working less than 5 minutes after I started to use it.

well it costs me about 10$ a month for batteries. Ive had my first plug and play for about a year, no problems.  My second plug and play I've had for about 6 months, it dosen't seem as good as my first one but I have deifinatlly gotten my 40$ out of them both. which means I've saved close to 140$.  

I usually let my PnP run out twice before pluging it in.

those dont last as long for me. however i got the nyko charging station, whatever its called i have had it for about a year or so and it does the trick, it charges quite fast and it lasts quite a while.

the charge bases are the way to go. Ive had 1 battery quit charging in the last 5 years. It seems it doesnt matter which charge base you use. I have a nyko, which i bought first, had for a few years, and I have an energizer now for a couple of years. I always have my controllers on the base when not in use. I can play for hours on any controller and it wont die.

[quote user="AnimalAssassin"]

the charge bases are the way to go. Ive had 1 battery quit charging in the last 5 years. It seems it doesnt matter which charge base you use. I have a nyko, which i bought first, had for a few years, and I have an energizer now for a couple of years. I always have my controllers on the base when not in use. I can play for hours on any controller and it wont die.

[/quote]

You mean like these bases?

http://www.game.co.uk/Accessories/Xbox-360/Controllers-and-Accessories-Controller-Accessories/Xbox-360-Quick-Charge-Kit/~r328798/?s=battery+charge