Wireless Controller Won't Connect

Before you say anything, I replaced the batteries, I held both the signal thing, and the connect thing on the controller at the same time, I did the normal routine a thousand times over (Press the signal thing, till it blinks, and then do the connector on the controller). 

THIS IS A PC btw. I have an Alienware Alpha, it came with a 360 controller, and I never needed to use it, until I bought the new Dark Souls yesterday.

When I first used the controller when I bought the computer, the software was installed when I plugged it in and worked perfectly, since then, I had to replace the entire hard drive, for whatever reason, and obviously lost everything that I had downloaded, which I didn't think was a problem because all I had to do was re-download everything I wanted on my Steam library. 

I went to the Xbox thing, and did the Windows 7 64 bit software download, and I know it's downloaded, it didn't do anything. 

So let me tell ye what's up. 

Basically, I don't think it's normal for when you turn on your controller for the X bottom thing to be blinking. 

When I plug the wireless connector in, and hold that down till it blinks, and then do the signal thing, it literally looks in a circle for half a second, and then returns it back to blinking, and the wireless plug in goes back to not blinking. 

If it's a metal is in the area issue, I can't see why I could've connected it before the hard drive replacement. 

If I need a new controller someone please tell me how to get a refund, because I haven't even used the controller, and now I actually need it, and I bought the system in January of 2015. Everything is recently purchased and well taken care of. What could possibly be the problem? 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

How do I know which driver to unistall? I think I see 3, but I don't know if it's to the controller thing or not, it doesn't specify enough.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Might be improper driver install. Remove the drivers via device manager and then run the uninstaller if Windows didn't do it on its own. Re-install. Make sure you have the right drivers.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.