Wireless Controller Issues

Lately i've been having trouble with my wireless controller for my Xbox 360 (original white console).

I've just put in fresh batteries and after a couple of hours, it says that the batteries have been drained and for me to "please reconnect controller", afterwards I put in yet another pair of batteries, same thing occurs again after about an hour or two of use.

I've checked to see if the battery pack was completely closed and put in properly, it was. There is not really anything obstructing the space in between the console and the controller.

I'm not sure if my controller is starting to die, or if there is a problem with the wiring, etc. inside the controller.

If anyone has similar issues or has dealt with this before, any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

How long have you had that particular controller? If you've had it for a little bit, its quite possible it may be time for a new controller. Everything that you have listed is everything that I would've done to try and fix the problem. I would try a new controller and see if that may fix the issue. Best of luck!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Just maybe, it could be the back of the controller (the bit which holds the batteries) is broken and could do with a replacement.

Sorry this didn't help.

This link may help you as well!

support.xbox.com/.../controllers-remotes

Sorry this didn't help.

What kind of batteries are you using? I know I had a set of rechargables that I put into regular rotation that ended up being unable to hold a charge.

Sorry this didn't help.

Well, it depends on how long you'd had that controller. I've had a controller for mine for a while and it lasts longer than an hour but still dies out randomly, so you might wanna get another controller. It also depends if you have dropped the controller on hard surface, that can do some damage, so you might wanna go out and buy a new controller.

Sorry this didn't help.