Wireless Connection to my Tenda W268R Issues

Hi,

I need help with the wireless connection with my Tenda W268R router. I can connect with the router, only after I change the connection settings for about 30-45minutes, reset the router etc. So, the connections is coming all of the sudden (I do not have any explanation how) and my son is able play with no problems for hours). The issue is that after I restart the console I have to.... mess with it for about 30 min to make it work (it saves the pass etc) but still I do not kn ow what I have to do to it.

Any help/idea is welcome.

Thank you

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 91 Applies to:

Hello ALEX SALONTAI,

I hope this helps!

Connecting your Xbox to Xbox LIVE using a wireless connection
Xbox 360 wireless Internet
What is required to connect to Xbox LIVE using a wireless connection?

A wireless network connection lets you connect your Xbox 360 console to Xbox LIVE without using network cables. This allows you the freedom to move your console further away from your network hardware (your router, gateway, or modem).

Here is what you need:

• A high-speed Internet connection such as cable or DSL

Note Satellite and 3G or 4G mobile connections are not recommended because you are likely to experience slow performance or lag.

• A router, gateway, or wireless access point
  • An Xbox 360 Wireless Networking Adapter (original Xbox 360 console only)
Connect a wireless adapter (original Xbox 360 console only)

If you have an original Xbox 360 console, you need to add an Xbox 360 Wireless Networking Adapter to your console.

Note If you have an Xbox 360 S console (which has built-in Wi-Fi), skip to the next section.

Connect the wireless networking adapter:

1. Snap the plastic tabs on the adapter into the slots on the back of your console.
2. Plug the USB cable into the USB port.
3. Flip up the antennae.

4. If a network cable is plugged into the back of your console, unplug it.

5. Check the light on the wireless adapter. If the light is green, you are ready for the next step. 

Configure and test your Xbox 360 wireless Internet connection

Next, you need to configure your Xbox wireless settings and test your Xbox LIVE connection.

Configure your wireless settings
  1. Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and then select System Settings.
  2. Select Network Settings.
  3. Select the name of your wireless network.

Note If you do not see your wireless network, select Advanced Options. Then, select Specify Unlisted Network, and enter your wireless network name. Next, you are prompted to choose the security type.

4. Enter your wireless network password. How to find your wireless network password.
  5. Select Yes if you are prompted to update your console software.
Can’t connect?

If you get a connection error, try using our Xbox LIVE Connection Troubleshooting Assistant to fix the problem. If your wireless network is not listed in Step 3 above, or if your network has a low signal,see Improve Xbox LIVE speed

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.