Wireless bridge leading to strict NAT

Hello all,

I use a wireless bridge (Netgear WNCE2001) to connect my xbox 360 to my home router. Whenever the xbox is turned on when the bridge has not fully connected, the xbox will claim that the internet connection (after the bridge connects successfully) is a strict NAT. This is  even after I have done all the port forwarding and the whole nine yards that the online help suggests. This is a non-issue though as it works fine whenever the bridge is already connected (it is always plugged in, and hence, always connected). I was just wondering why the xbox is confused as to my NAT settings when in this rare scenario.

Regards,

Ryan H.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

The bridge might connect first, then forward the ports? Such as, right when it connects, the ports are still blocked for a split second, the time in which xbox checks the ports.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm actually not sure that device is supported for LIVE, so the fact it works is a bonus! We typically don't recommend any wireless adapters except the official Microsoft Xbox adapters, as others may cause issues with LIVE such as Strict NAT or being unable to connect.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.