wireless adapter will not work when xbox first turned onq

I recently purchased a wireless XBOX adapter and everytime i turn on my XBOX i have to unplug and replug in the wireless adapter to get it to work

I have other things connected to my wireless connection and none of them have a problem connecting.  Is there a setting or an update I need to download so this can power up with the XBOX each time?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Did you buy the adapter used? That's pretty uncommon for something like that to happen. Used or not, I would probably suggest swapping it for a different one with place you purchased it from.

It's strange that you would need to disconnect it and plug it back in to get it turned on. When you just leave it connected to the console and turn it on, what color light shows on the adapter (Red/Green and Blinking/Solid).

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

No, the adapter was new at Walmart a month ago.  The light is solid green all the time, no change in colors or flashing.

The problem has progressed now.  The wireless adapter will not locate any wireless network now, laptop is connecting just fine and so is our WII and cell phones.

I still have the receipt i think i will just take it back

Sorry this didn't help.

Which adapter did you buy? Is it the Black with two antennae or the White with just the one antenna? I know that depending on your network there can be difficulties with connecting with the White adapter since it is an older model.

Sorry this didn't help.