Wireless Adapter Problem

Here's my story:

I was using a Madcatz Wireless N Gaming Adapter for my Xbox 360, it was working fine until now. It's been working fine on the New Modem and Router we got Months ago... Then it started gettting weaker and weaker till I couldn't connect. So I set it up all over again but when it came to Test Connection, it stops at Network >>> Internet
I had so many problems with the DNS cant resolve the names of Xbox Live. I dont believe that there's a need for a Software update for it or anything like that. If i can get Help on this it would be great.

For now:

After I gave up with the Madcatz Wireless N Gaming Adapter, my dad gave me his Netgear WN111 v2 Wireless N USB Adapter, so I plugged it in the BACK of my Xbox, so I went to system settings and went to network settings but it can't find the adapter or anything. Can i have some help?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 31 Applies to:

Zeke Hyakto is 100% correct.

There is other ways to get a internet connection than using the adapters, I would preferably use a wired connection.  You could also use these special adapters that can give you a straight connection.  (You have to buy a inner and a outer.)  I'm not sure what those are exactly called, but RadioShack should have them, BestBuy.  They are around $40 dollars, and they are worth it.  I'm not really a expert with technical things, so I would defiantly do some research on those adapters if you do get the extra cash.  Not sure if they work for cable, or any other Internet connections.  (I have DSL)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Sadly  Your USB adapter wont work with the 360, as it's not officially licensed for the product. the only option(s) would be to buy a new madcatz adapter, or buy the official xbox adapters (wireless N (see the xbox.com accessories for more info on it) or the old Wireless Xbox360 adapter which you can find used usually on the internet, or at gamestop.) hope this helps in the slightest. :)

also i would highly recommend the new Wireless N Adapter for Xbox360(not the MADCATZ one.), it works wonders, and it so far has given me virtually no problems. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.