Wireless Adapter Malfunction

Hello, so two days ago, my wireless adapter suddenly stopped working for no apparent reason (I have the old white adapter with one antennae). I have been able to connect to Xbox LIVE through that adapter for two years with very few problems. So far I have tried resetting the modem and router, plugged the adapter into a new USB port, and "Restored to Factory Settings." With all of these, the adapter comes up with a solid red light every time. Also, whenever I test the connection on my Xbox 360, a large red 'X' appears in between the Xbox and my WiFi connection which always has maximum bars. At the moment, i'm thinking about just driving out and getting a new one since I heard they die after about a year or so anyhow. I just wanted to get some more advice before I spend the money. Thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Sounds like your Wireless adapter has just conked out. I recommend buying the newer model adapter with the two prongs if you decide to buy a new adapter.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

So I just retried connecting... I can connect to my neighbors WiFi, but not my own. So it has nothing to do with the adapter. Now I think its just my WiFi.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hmm, could be.  Do you know what frequency your wifi is broadcasting on?  

Sorry this didn't help.