[Wired] Xbox 360 Controller Connects to PC but not Xbox (4 Flashing Lights)

Just bought this Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller (Wired) for PC/Xbox yesterday and it works perfectly fine on the PC. Makes gaming a lot easier in many ways. However when I take it over to the Xbox it flashes 4 lights and never fully connects. The USB ports all work and I've tried them all, so I can't figure out what the issue is. I have tried turning off the system, plugging the controller in and turning the system on via controller (Guide/Start button) as well as turning the system on with it's power button or another wireless controller or remote. All of these methods turn the xbox on, but none of them allow the wired controller to connect.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Hi,

Here's a link to suggestions about troubleshooting a wired controller. The suggestion is that if these steps don't work you should setup an online repair ticket. A link for repair is provided in the thread:

forums.xbox.com/.../153184.aspx

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

You can look all over the net and all you'll find are suggestions to unplug, wiggle, or switch the USB jack. Failing that, you'l get advice to call for repair. I wish it were otherwise.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.