Wired Connection not detected

My xbox 360 does not seem to be detecting the wired connection any longer. The xbox is plugged directly into the modem and always has been. It has functioned perfectly previously in this exact setup. Now, upon boot, does not detect internet connection. Selecting 'Wired' connection in Network Setup prompts the following message 'To use a wired Internet connection, make sure an Ethernet cable is connected to both your console and your router or modem.' without allowing me to go any further with the network test. I've seen this problem with multiple ethernet cables that I know work, so it is not the cable. I've plugged other devices into the modem and they all seem to work, so I don't think it's the modem. I've also tried plugging into various ports on my router to see if that would work and it does not. Does my xbox have a problem with the ethernet card?

Question Info

Last updated September 19, 2018 Views 81 Applies to:

Hi, there's a good chance the Ethernet port on the console failed. Have you had any electrical storms or power surges recently ? Those can damage electrical items. Try giving the Ethernet port a good blow out to get any dirt/ dust/ bits of debris out that may be causing a bad connection.

-

Also try powering the console off, remove the power cable, press the power button several times and then connect the power cable and give the console a try.

-

If all else fails you would more than likely need to start the repair process or go wireless.

-

support.xbox.com/.../repair-process

Broccoli, tiny trees of green goodness.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Sounds like the Ethernet port has went out. I had one that did that. Acted like the Ethernet cable was not even plugged in. My got hit by lightning. I just hooked my xbox up wireless until I could get a new one. You could give that a shot for the time being. Or you could sent it in for repair but more then likely it will cost you.

Information on repair: support.xbox.com/.../repair-process

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.