Wired connection issues, please help

First there is nothing wrong with my ethernet cable, it works in my laptop just fine.

my brother the other day removed the cable from my xbox the other day and put it in my laptop, when i put the cable back in my xbox. It no longer recognized that i had it in. when i click on wired network it says please connect youre cable... when it is connected. what can i do to fix this?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

Try power cycling your network ( power off your modem\router for 30 seconds. Then plug everything back in and try to connect again. It sounds like the issue is with the console as the computer was able to connect when the ethernet cable was switched from the console to the comptuer. If that does not work it is possible you will need to get the console repaired. You can setup a repair by clicking on the link below or contacting xbox support by phone. 1-800-469-9269

myservice.xbox.com/.../consolemanager.aspx

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Reset the modem whenever you switch the cable over.

Sorry this didn't help.

It's possible that when he removed the cable he didn't disconnect it properly and screwed up the plug on the xbox.  Try a different cable just to be sure.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have one of the new slim Xboxes and I found that its not very quick and reacquiring the network if you unplug and plug the cable back in.

The only thing I've found that works well enough is to actually restart the Xbox. That usually gets the network properly.

But also, if you don't have a router, as Jameser78 said, its best to turn off the cable modem and restart it as well. Cable modems also don't seem to like "on the fly" device switching.

Sorry this didn't help.