Wired Connection doesn't work.

What Country/State/Province do you live in? US, NC
Modem brand & model number: Don't know
Router brand & model number: Don't know
Network Connection Type: Wireless/Wired: Wired
If Wireless, what type of encryption are you using?
If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter?
Things you have tried:  I've tried resetting the modem, the xbox, and a different cable
Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown Unknown
Is NAT Type Open? Unknown
Any Error Codes you encounter: No
What type of internet do you have? Cable/DSL/T1/3G? Cable
Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? Unknown
After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" and click on "More info", what is the exact message shown on screen?

I can't get passed that menu. I've been testing this thing out for some time now. I've used 2 different TV's both hooked with 2 different Ethernet Cables. One cable works while the other doesn't so I figured it must be the cables problem but no that isn't it. The cable that doesn't currently work on the Xbox works fine on the PS3 I get full connection and everything. Does anyone have any ideas on whats going on or any advice on this at all? This is becoming very frustrating...

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Hey mate, looks like you might have forgotten to mention what shows up, exactly, when you run the LIVE connection test. Can you please list that info, along with anything included under 'more info?' 

However, if you mean to say that your ethernet port is not detecting any of these cables at all, that means that the port will need to be repaired. To do so, you can call phone support, or set one up here

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

What shows up is the "You need to insert a ethernet cable." message even when it was plugged in and I would agree with you on the cable port but the problem with that is that when I take the Xbox to a different room and hook it up to a completely different cable it works and I can sign on. It's just in this one room that I can't get it to connect.

Sorry this didn't help.

In that case, it sounds like it may be an issue with the power outlet something is plugged into. To be clear, when you change rooms, are you moving the router as well, or just using a longer cable?

Sorry this didn't help.

You didn't give much information. I would suggest adding the router model and modem model (if possible). Normally the model numbers will be located at the bottom of the router/modem. By listing the model type it will help us figure out your predicament. And hopefully we will eventually be able to help you :)

Sorry this didn't help.

@Fitzer

If it was an issue with a power outlet what would be the solution to fix it?

The setup I got now is that I have different ethernet cords running through the house, one going upstairs from the basement and one in the basement itself, the one in the basement being the one that works. So the router stays where it is while I can move my console around from cable to cable.

I'll get to adding my routers number in a little while though when I have more time to check it out.

Sorry this didn't help.