Windows8 + Xbox360/LIVE

I was recently reading some blogs about cross platforming. ...

/

Did Xbox Live/Microsoft take some "ideas" or conceptions when working on OnLive networks?

/

Onlive is a networking interface, that brings games to a screen. Is it going to be like the Xbox360 to Windows8??

/

I hope to find something about that.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

OnLive is essentially remote desktop for gaming. It's optimized for low latency. You can think of it as the gaming equivalent of Netflix, though without the buffering.

Some day I should set up the hardware client they gave away at PAX.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I used the Win8 interface with the 360 and after it connects to the console it just seems to let you launch games and apps from the computer to the console.

There was no playing the games on the PC via the console.

Sorry this didn't help.

Oh thats too bad... I was wondering because Onlive recently payed Microsoft to look into some user's who were exploiting it.... SO far Microsoft hasn't been able to figure out anything. Onlive might be able to fix it itself soon.

I know how Onlive works... I was really wondering if Windows 8 would be anything lik eit... Because I've heard Windows 8 was rumored to have a NetOS / Windows Cloud OS, soon. Either way... Nothing to concrete... Just an unknown source.

I might not even get Windows 8 now. I used the preview... I'm glad people will finally be able to keep Microsoft from logging into that person's home or business network. Either way... I think its funny how Microsoft plays the victim when it is fully aware of how it treats its users.

Sorry this didn't help.