Windows XP and 360 - not working

I used to be able to connect the 360 and the pc using a wired connection to the router, moved house a while ago and they don't seem to wanna join forces anymore. WMP is set to share (green tick enabled and all that) Zune programme is also sharing and ports are open. 360 connects to the network but the pc don't want to. I remember setting it up originally for Fifa to have crowd noises and the soundtrack of my own choosing etc but do you think I can remember what I did??

So, who's brainier than the 2 support agents I have already chatted with? They are only trained on Media Centre which I don't have and have no reason to be getting it. I've done it already so it's not impossible....

It's maybe just an old way of doing the old network

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Here try this link and see if it helps:

-

support.xbox.com/.../media

Yeah - done all that...... still no joy

You may need to reset the media security components on your PC.

-

Go to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\DRM and delete everything in the folder. Do this so you can see everything: In Tools, Folder Options, Show hidden files and folders, and then click to clear the Hide protected operating system files check box.

-

The next step will require you use Internet Explorer. Go to drmlicense.one.microsoft.com/.../indivit.asp and click Upgrade.

I don't have a folder called DRM in the all users folder........

plus I use firefox... IE doesn't seem to work on this pc as it keeps asking for a password which I don't have and cancels the navigation... something about a content advisor