Windows Media Center

I received an Xbox One as a Christmas gift and I'm very disappointed Xbox One does not act as a Windows Media Center extender. We enjoy the ability to stream music (playlists), videos, and photos on Xbox 360 as a Windows Media Center extender directly from a Windows 7 PC. Using DNLA technology alone doesn't provide the same seemless capability that was embedded in Windows Media Center Extender. Xbox One is supposed to be the most advanced entertainment console...without compromise. Yet, Xbox One lacks a proven and already existing technology in Windows Media Center to seemlessly interface and stream home entertainment with other Windows/Microsoft computers. I'm weighing my options to return the Xbox One and cancel Xbox gold membership.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Microsoft and Sony for whatever reason decided that these new consoles didn't need to be a media hub like the PS360 were.

When someone gives me a gift, I always return it if it is not exactly what I want.....it is not the sentiment of the gift giver that matters, only me.