Windows Live vs Xbox live account mess-ups, trying to merge.

After not logging on for awhile, and having my xbox account active on multiple machines I got told to input my password to update and log on.  

Way back when I used [MOD REMOVED] to make my account.

I now use  [MOD REMOVED]

I had thought I had switched email addresses when I had a red ring of death issue last year to reflect this, but evidently that didn't happen.

I can't connect to my gamer tag with either email.  The AOL account, when logged on to in windows live, states that someone else may be using it and to look in it for a verification email.

I do not use AOL, I cannot log into it to fix it. 

So I cannot access my account.

How do I connect my yahoo email, to my windows live account, to my Gamertag?

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hi there! Sorry to hear about your GT troubles. 

So you originally created the GT with the AOL account, but now you do not have access to that account? If the AOL account is the account that is linked to your GT, you must be able to log in to that account to use that GT.

Have you tried resetting the password on the AOL account? Here is the link to reset your AOL password. I would give that a shot, and let us know how it goes. 

Best of luck! 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

1) Take the address to account.live.com/password/reset for the password reset

2) If you can't reset it, go to http://account.live.com/acsr SAVE THE EMAILS SENT TO YOU

3) If that fails, contact Support and provide them with the Console ID number from Settings | System | Console Settings | System Info (it's on the 2nd line) and the reference number from the email sent to you in Step 2, and submit a UE Request to have Microsoft Accounts send you a password reset. It is faster to have the Agent call you by going to http://support.xbox.com/contact-us?xr=footnav#0:6:3 or you can look up the phone number from the 1st web link in the .sig shown below.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.