Windows LIVE Recovery

Ive had to set up a new account just so i could post on here.

I have a windows live id that i cant remeber the passowrd for. i had tried numerous times to reset and attempt account recovery with windows but with no luck. there must be a way of getting xbox live people to change the email that my account is registered with so i can log onto xbox.com or bunige with my xbox live account. i use xbox live all the time and have bought things off marketplace with my card and i am also due to renew my membership. my xbox automatically signs me in but to change any emails associated with your live id you need your old password and that i cant remember.

please someone help it seems windows and xbox live are happy to take my money every year but there seems to be no simple solution to this issue!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

If you don't remember the password, don't know the security answer, and don't have any secure devices set up to validate your account, I'm afraid you pretty much out of luck. The only thing I can suggest is to make a new WLID/account and write down the password information and store it somewhere secure (file cabinet, safe, etc). Sorry for the trouble.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

surely i can prove it is me by the fact that i am about to purchase another full year on that account with my card? if i am still using my xbox live account to play under that email address (which i am, as my xbox live automatically signs in...) and i have just purchased another full year surely thats enough to prove i am me?? all i want to do is keep my gamerscore and gamer tag (alot of hard work has gone into it and i LOVE my normal gamertag), as i cant gain access to that email surely emails from xbox to say i have bought points with my card will be sent to that email?

if i was to buy another full year and buy a pre paid card with points and input that info into the recover process im hoping that will be enough to prove its me?

please help :-(

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.