Windows Live ID/Xbox Live Login

I created a Windows Live ID/Xbox Live Login 0n 03/10/2011 but got the email address slightly incorrect, i have waited the 30days as was advised by Microsoft Support and have now attempted to change it.  Every time i try i get get the message that there is a temp problem when trying to create a live account with the correct email address, this has been going on for days now.

I have had another chat with Support and was advised that i cannot change it but the Xbox Live Site says i CAN, im now confused.....can i change it or not?

if i am able to change it can someone please tell me how as i cannot verify the email address etc as the email address does not actually exist 

please please please can someone help as this is starting to annoy me now

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated September 18, 2018 Views 116 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hey there Chak. So are you trying to change the WLID of the account, or are you trying to create a brand new GT with the correct WLID?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

no i want to either transfer the gamer tag to it or just change the login ID to the correct email address. the website says i can do it but im unable to create a new windows live id with the correct email address as always get message that there is a temp problem

Sorry this didn't help.

OK, so you have this GT, and you want to change the WLID attached. Are you following these steps: forums.xbox.com/.../19163.aspx ? Where in the process are you experiencing an issue?

Sorry this didn't help.

i have followed the article however when i try and make an ID using my email address (correct one) i get a message that there is a temp problem and to try later.  the temp problem message has come up everytime for the last few weeks, i tried again today and got a message that the email address is already used so i tried to login with my normal password and got message that the email address is not recognised.

I tried to reset the password for the correct email address and again was presented with a message that said the email address is not recognised.

I cannot believe how hard and drawn out this is becoming

Sorry this didn't help.

Making an ID is not necessarily part of the process on that article. Can you very specifically detail what step of the process you are having an issue with?

Sorry this didn't help.

the bit that i am having an issue with is as follows

Change the WLID associated with my gamertag.
If for any reason you want to change the WLID you have associated with your account, all you need to do is follow these simple steps.

1. On the console, go to My Xbox, and select your avatar.
  2. In Account Management, select “Manage Account”.
  3. In Your Information, select “Windows Live ID”.
  4. Select “Change Windows Live ID”.
    1. If you have another Windows Live ID, select “Yes”.
    2. If you do not have another Windows Live ID, on a computer, go to Welcome to Windows Live ID, and click “Sign up”.
  5. Enter the password for the Windows Live ID that is currently associated with your gamertag, and then select “Sign in”.
  6. Enter the email address and the password for the new Windows Live ID that you want to associate with your gamertag, and then select “Sign in”.
  7. Select “Yes, change” to change the Windows Live ID associated with your Xbox LIVE account.
  8. Select “Update Contact Information” to update your contact information, or select “Done” to finish.
As i dont have another Windows Live ID i have to create 1 using my correct email address, every time i try it says that there is a problem and to try later.  I cannot transfer my Gamertag to the correct email address until i have the email address set up as a Live Account.
Hope thats a bit clearer for you.

Sorry this didn't help.

i have tried again today to create a new Live ID and i now get a message saying "the email address is already in use".

i tried to login as the email address and my normal password and then it says the ID does not exist,  thinking i may have the wrong password i tried to reset it and got the message again that the ID does not exist.

My patience is starting to run out on this matter as it has been going on now for weeks with no resolution in sight  

All i want to do is to be able to create a new Windows Live ID with my own email address (correct 1) and link my Xbox Gamer Tag to it instead of it being linked to the Windows Live ID that has the INCORRECT email address associated to it.

Sorry this didn't help.

i guess this is no longer getting looked at and im stuck with an invalid email address

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Chak, sorry I missed you over the weekend. OK, so now it sounds like you are saying you are actually having an issue creating a WLID altogether, correct? If you are seeing the message that it is already in use, try signing in with that WLID and password on live.com to see if you can. If you are able to, what happens when you try changing the WLID of your original GT to this WLID? Let me know, thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

as per my previous message :i tried to login as the email address and my normal password and then it says the ID does not exist,  thinking i may have the wrong password i tried to reset it and got the message again that the ID does not exist.

Why is this so hard to sort out, it should be simple

Sorry this didn't help.