windows live id

the email i am using for my live is outdated and i no longer use it, is there a way to changed my email from the outdated email to my current email?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 14 Applies to:

There is a way to change your MSA on your xbox live account.  There are a number of caveats in regards to doing so however.  First of all your profile needs to be downloaded onto the console.  Next you have to know your password.  If you need to download the profile and/or change the password, you will need to do so and then wait 30 days.  You will also need a new email, already set up as an MSA but without a GT attached to It in order to change the xbox account's MSA to.  If you have another MSA but it has a GT associated with it, you will need to download that profile and wait 30 days, then you will need to change the MSA for the second GT first to a third MSA in order to free up the second MSA.  Then and only then would you be able to switch the MSA on your primary GT with the MSA that you want.

If you are locked out of your account due to the security update, however, you will need to sign into account.live.com using your current MSA and password.  If you cannot sign in, you will need to reset your password.  Once signed into account.live.com, you will want to click on "edit security info".  You will be asked to verify the account using an email or phone that is already on file.  if you are unable to verify the account, you will want to select "I do not have these anymore" and add a new phone or email that you have access to.  It will take 30 days to add the new proof.  Once you have access to the security info page, then you want to add new proofs and remove old proofs.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.